The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ welcomes you to the EnergyDays 2018 in Leipzig, Germany. On 24 and 25 September 2018, the integrated project EnergyLandUse invites you to attend this year's EnergyDays with a special focus on “Energy Landscapes of Today and Tomorrow”. The large-scale expansion of renewable energies is characterized by more decentralized and consequently more land-intensive production patterns than conventional energy supply systems. This brings about important new sustainability challenges, including extensive spatio-environmental impacts, reliability of energy supply and social compatibility. Understanding the challenges associated with new energy landscapes and exploring potential solutions is the focus of the Energy Days 2018.
The conference aims to understand the regional, national and European effects and trade-offs which are associated with new technologies and other system elements of energy transitions in their economic, ecological and social dimensions. Based on this, it explores options for organizing a sustainable spatial allocation of renewable energy provision. The conference will foster the exchange between land-use-oriented energy research at the UFZ and the national and international scientific community.
The following subjects and topics will be discussed at the conference:
- Spatial allocation of renewable energies
- Spatial assessment of renewable energy potentials
- Environmental and social impacts of renewable energy expansion
- Governance of energy landscapes
- (Un)Fairness, (in)justice and (un)acceptance regarding the use of renewable energies
Organizers and Scientific steering committee
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ (Daniela Thrän, Erik Gawel)
- Leipzig University (Thomas Bruckner)
- Leibniz Universität Hannover (Christina von Haaren)
- Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (Ludger Gailing)
- TU Berlin (Thorsten Beckers)
A hotel contigent for the conference is available at IntercityHotel Leipzig, in the city centre of Leipzig, Tröndlinring 2 / 04105 Leipzig, Booking code: "EnergyDays 2018". Single room: 89 Euro per night incl. breakfast and ticket for local public transport. Double room: 109 Euro per night incl. breakfast and ticket for local public transport. Rooms must be booked until 30 July 2018.